Call for Abstract
9th Global Ophthalmology Summit , will be organized around the theme ““Clinical and Academic Advancement in Ophthalmology” ”
Ophthalmology Summit 2017 is comprised of 14 tracks and 81 sessions designed to offer comprehensive sessions that address current issues in Ophthalmology Summit 2017.
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks. All related abstracts are accepted.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
The retina is a slight layer of tissue within back mass of your eye. It contains a large number of light-delicate cells and other nerve cells that get and compose visual data. Your retina sends this data to your cerebrum through your optic nerve, empowering you to see. Retinal degenerative issue, for example, Age-related macular degeneration and nearsighted macular degeneration influencing youthful and old from numerous societies, races and ethnicities. The focal zone of the retina contains a high thickness of shading delicate photoreceptor cells called cones which are in charge of shading vision and thus any deformity and modification in the focal territory of the retina will prompt Color vision imperfections. Then again ailments like Diabetic retinopathy and Retinal tumors can likewise be in charge of the lasting vision misfortune in the event that it is not treated on time. Generally, retinal malady has had a low need in avoidance of visual deficiency programs in creating nations. There are a few purposes behind this. Firstly, it was suspected that retinal sickness was a remarkable reason for visual deficiency in the creating scene; besides, that the aftereffects of treating retinal ailment did not legitimize the exertion and cost included; and, thirdly, that the gear required was too expensive and temperamental for use in a creating nation environment. At last, there is an absence of talented faculty with sub-forte preparing in retinal sickness. John Hopkins School of Medicine, UCSF School of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine and Mayo Medical School are the main organization's partners with ophthalmology.
- Track 1-1Retinal tears and Detachment
- Track 1-2Age Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD)
- Track 1-3Cancers Affecting Retina
- Track 1-4Retinoblastoma
- Track 1-5Cone-Rod Dystrophy
- Track 1-6Diabetic Retinopathy
Neuro-ophthalmology is the consolidation of neurology and ophthalmology, frequently managing complex systemic sicknesses that have signs in the visual framework. Cerebral Visual Impairment (CVI) incorporates every single visual brokenness created by harm to, or breaking down of, the retrochiasmatic visual pathways without harm to the foremost visual pathways or any significant visual ailment. Myasthenia gravis is brought about by a breakdown in the typical correspondence in the middle of nerves and muscles which prompts two fold vision, hanging eyelids and different muscles shortcoming which affecting the both i.e. neuromuscular action furthermore vision. Then again nystagmus which is automatic eye development obtained in earliest stages or further down the road that might bring about diminished or restricted vision. Variables like cerebral macular degeneration and ceaseless dynamic outside ophthalmoplegia likewise the major affecting some portion of neuro-ophthalmology. Demonstrative instruments in neuro-ophthalmology are utilized to explore and to treat the different state of neuro-ophthalmology as Neonatal visual examination are basically performed to screen the vicinity and movement of Retinopathy of Prematurity. College of Pennsylvania is presently taking a shot at neuro-ophthalmology venture.
- Track 2-1Neonatal Ocular Examination
- Track 2-2Nystagmus
- Track 2-3Retrochiasmatic Visual Pathways
- Track 2-4Toxic and Nutritional Optic Neuropathy
- Track 2-5Chronic Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia
- Track 2-6Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
- Track 2-7Cerebromacular Degeneration
- Track 2-8Diagnostic tools in Neuro-Ophthalmology
A large number of the infections, microscopic organisms, parasites, and growths that can attack the human body are additionally equipped for assaulting the surface or inside of the eye. The regular inclination for immunologic malady to influence the eye gets from various components, for example, Antibody-subordinate and immunizer intervened infections, Uveitis, intraocular aggravation and cell-interceded sicknesses. The safe framework assumes a basic part amid transplantation and as the corneal transplantation has turned out to be progressively normal since the 1960s and more than 40,000 transplants were performed in 1990 in the United States and Canada. The 5-year disappointment rate for corneal unions is roughly 35%; corneal union dismissal is the most well-known reason for joining disappointment in the late postoperative period yet with the late improvement in immunotherapy can be a leap forward to overcome from every one of the restrictions of the customary techniques. The microbiological contamination, for example, contagious endophthalmitis can influence the vitreous and front assembly of the eye and subsequently the employments of anti-toxin in visual diseases have been expanded to beat these conditions. The consumables, hardware and innovation markets in the microbiology business totaled almost $7.7 billion in 2012. This aggregate is relied upon to develop from $8.5 billion in 2013 to $11.4 billion in 2018, with a compound yearly development rate (CAGR) of 6.1% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- Track 3-1 Antibody-dependent & Antibody-mediated Diseases
- Track 3-2Cell-mediated Diseases
- Track 3-3Microbial flora of normal eye both aerobic and anaerobic
- Track 3-4Fungal Endophthalmitis
- Track 3-5Corneal graft reactions
- Track 3-6Recent developments in Immunotherapy
- Track 4-1Principles of Ocular Pharmacology
- Track 4-2Administrative routes of Ocular Drugs
- Track 4-3Special Forms of Ocular Drugs
- Track 4-4Ocular Pharmacotherapeutics
- Track 4-5Modern day Ocular Drug Groups
Ophthalmic Imaging is a profoundly concentrated type of restorative imaging committed to the study and treatment of scatters of the eye. It covers an exceptionally wide extent of photographic administrations joining numerous parts of business and medicinal photography. In any case, it is using very particular gear used to report parts of the eye such as the cornea, iris, and retina, that ophthalmic photography tackles it's actual character.
- Track 5-1Color fundus (retinal) photography (CFP)
- Track 5-2Endothelial cell-layer photography
- Track 5-3Optic nerve head analysis
- Track 5-4External photography
- Track 5-5Slit-lamp photography
- Track 5-6Corneal Topography
- Track 5-7Fundus Auto Fluorescence (FAF)
- Track 5-8Indocyanine green (ICG) angiography
- Track 5-9Fluorescein angiography (FA)
- Track 5-10Ophthalmic Pharmacology and Imaging
There are an assortment of conditions that might call for eye surgery; from corrective changes to vision-sparing strategies. Every treatment accompanies its own advantages, dangers, and signs for use. From restorative medications to orbital inserts, today's headways can handle any condition and give an effective arrangement.
- Track 6-1Strabismus Surgery
- Track 6-2Glaucoma Surgery
- Track 6-3Cataract Surgery
- Track 6-4Retina Detachment Surgery
- Track 6-5Vision Correction Surgery
- Track 6-6Retina/ vitreoretina Specialists
- Track 6-7Eye Surgery Updates
- Track 6-8Oculoplasty surgery
Visual Neuroscience is a branch of neuroscience that spotlights on the visual arrangement of the human body, fundamentally situated in the cerebrum's visual cortex. The primary objective of visual neuroscience is to see how neural action results in visual recognition, and in addition practices reliant on vision. Previously, visual neuroscience has concentrated essentially on how the mind (and specifically the Visual Cortex) reacts to light beams anticipated from static pictures and onto the retina. While this gives a sensible clarification to the visual view of a static picture, it doesn't give a precise clarification to how we see the world as it truly may be, an always showing signs of change, and perpetually moving 3-D environment. The subjects compressed beneath are illustrative of this region, yet a long way from comprehensive.
- Track 7-1Multisensory Cognition and Computation
- Track 7-2Applied Vision Science and Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Track 7-3Neural Mechanisms of Visual Perception and Recognition
- Track 7-4Neuropharmacology, Optical Physiology, Psychophysics
- Track 7-5Visual and Cognitive Neuroscience
- Track 7-6Vision and Attention
- Track 7-7Functional Imaging Technologies
An understanding of the commonly used ophthalmic instruments is essential for any practising ophthalmologists. Ophthalmic instruments according to procedures
- Track 8-1Tonometer
- Track 8-2Perimetry
- Track 8-3Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Track 8-4 Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA)
- Track 8-5Direct and Indirect ophthalmoscopy
- Track 8-6Retinal surgical instruments
- Track 8-7Lasers in Ophthalmology
This is an accumulation of contextual analyses to offer you some assistance with getting an understanding on the common history and starting examination of different ophthalmic issue. The discourse, albeit brief, is expected to give you a basic diagram of every illness.
As the world turns out to be more perplexing and information in each field turns out to be more broad and nitty gritty, it's inexorably hard to ace everything in any one range. This is absolutely valid in the field of ophthalmology, which is without a doubt one reason for the late pattern towards specialization. Then again, this is stand out of numerous elements adding to the movement. Today, the large number of weights influencing ophthalmologists as a rule—and far reaching ophthalmologists specifically has turned out to be oppressive to the point that numerous specialists wonder whether extensive ophthalmology can survive
- Track 10-1Ophthalmology Practice
- Track 10-2Epidemiology in ophthalmology
- Track 10-3Optics and Eye
- Track 10-4Eye syndromes
- Track 10-5Psychology in Ophthalmology
- Track 10-6Hypertension and Eye
- Track 10-7Diabetes and Eye
- Track 10-8Ophthalmology Practice Management Software
- Track 10-9Ophthalmology Practice Management
- Track 10-10Genetics in Ophthalmology
- Track 12-1Astigmatism
Glaucoma is a multifactorial optic neuropathy that influences more than 50 million individuals and is the second driving reason for visual deficiency around the world. The part of intra Ocular Pressure (IOP) has been all around recorded as a noteworthy modifiable danger variable for glaucoma. Also, numerous glaucoma patients have a generally low IOP, while some solid people have a moderately high IOP. The clutters can be generally separated into two primary classes, open-angle glaucoma and closed angle glaucoma. Disabled visual blood stream regulation in open angle glaucoma as a danger of glaucoma has likewise been entrenched, particularly in the course of recent decades. Pathophysiology of glaucoma demonstrates towards the expanded in intraocular weight which packs and harms the optic nerve. Once the optic nerve is harmed, it neglects to convey visual data to the mind and this outcome in loss of vision. The precise pathophysiology of glaucoma adding to this is yet to be resolved. Biomarkers for glaucoma have prescient utilize that could help and direct more particular treatment in some glaucoma patients. Endothelin in glaucoma treatment assume an exceptionally enter part in pathogenesis of glaucoma. Glaucoma represents more than 10 million visits to doctors every year. Regarding Social Security advantages, lost wage charge incomes, and medicinal services consumptions, the expense to the U.S. government is assessed to be over $1.5 billion every year. The Glaucoma Research Society of Canada is the main Canadian non-benefit association exclusively committed to financing glaucoma research. Following 1989, it has raised more than two million dollars in backing of 150 examination ventures. The Society reserves 10 to 15% of all autonomous glaucoma research in Canada. Bascom Palmer and Wills Eye are the top scientist association for glaucoma.
- Track 13-1Open angle and angle-closed glaucoma
- Track 13-2Biomarkers for Glaucoma
- Track 13-3Gonioscopy procedure
- Track 13-4Pathophysiology in glaucoma
- Track 13-5Advanced treatment in glaucoma
Eye is composed of very sensitive and fragile tissues and every part of an eye serves its own function to maintain its normal vision. The cornea is the transparent front part of the eye that covers the iris, pupil, and anterior chamber. The cornea, with the anterior chamber and lens, refracts light, with the cornea accounting for approximately two-thirds of the eye's total optical power. But factors such as corneal ulceration, Epithelial keratitis & drug-induced epithelial keratitis, corneal regeneration, recurrent corneal erosion and miscellaneous corneal disorders can affect the cornea and ultimately lead to the external eye disease that could end up with permanent blindness. Hence investigation of corneal disease is carry out to mitigate the disease and methods like Contact lenses & vision correction is also use to cure the vision related problems and surgical procedure like corneal transplantation is used to transplant the cornea.
- Track 14-1Investigation of Corneal Disease
- Track 14-2Corneal ulceration
- Track 14-3Epithelial keratitis & drug-induced epithelial keratitis
- Track 14-4Corneal degeneration
- Track 14-5Recurrent corneal erosion
- Track 14-6Corneal transplantation
- Track 14-7Miscellaneous corneal disorders
- Track 14-8Corneal neovascularization